One of the best starters we both love. In hyderabad I use to prepare this with Everest Chicken Tandoori Masala but this time I made it with my mix of masalas. It tasted awesome.
6 Chicken Leg Pieces
3/4 Cup Curd
2 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Spoon Garam Masala
2 Spoon Ginger Paste
2 Spoon Garlic Paste
4 Spoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Spoon Chaat Masala
2 Spoon Oil
1/2 Cup Butter
Salt to taste
- Make horizontal cuts on the chicken pieces
- Apply 2 spoon lemon juice and 1 spoon red chilli powder to it and keep aside for 30 minutes
- In a bowl mix curd, garlic paste, ginger paste, 1 spoon red chilli powder, 2 spoon lemon juice, garam masala, oil and salt
- Apply the above marination to chicken and store in fridge for 4-5 hours
- Preheat oven to 395F(200C)
- Melt the butter and sprinkle some on the chicken and bake it for 15 minutes
- Turn the chicken to face other side and sprinkle more butter on both sides. Bake for another 15 minutes
- Again turn the chicken and sprinkle remaining butter and bake for another 10 minutes
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve with onions rings and lemon wedges
Instead of leg pieces you can use 700g mixed pieces as well.
In restaurants, they use color to make it look reddish but I didnt have it neither did I intended to use it.
I baked it over this bakeware set. It helps in dropping off extra marination, butter in the tray.