Sheetal Kamat

Well this time around in Cosco I found fresh cranberries and since I love cranberry juice I thought of buying that packet and trying it out.. The first bite of cranberry and I was sure that I cant have it as it is and have to make something out of it. And then after searching for lot many recipes, none were appealing enough to try out. That is when I decided to try my own one from the few ones I read.

Berry Nutty Chocochip Cake
Ingredients
2 Cup Maida
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Cranberries
1 Cup Choco Chips
1 Cup Mixed Nuts
1 Cup Grapes
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
1.5 Spoon Baking Powder
1/2 Spoon Baking Soda
1 Egg
4 Spoon Chocolate Sauce
Salt to taste

Method
  • Chop the mixed nuts, cranberries and mix them with choco chips and keep aside.
  • Sift through Maida, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt couple of times.
  • Preheat oven to 350F/180C
  • Grease the loaf pan/any other baking pan with butter
  • In a large bowl, take this sift through mixture, add in sugar and mix well
  • Add in melted butter and mix with hands to form a crumbly mixture
  • Grind grapes in the mixie to get its juice. Add in the mixture in bowl
  • Add egg and nuts-berry=chocochip mixture. Mix well.
  • Pour the batter in the previously greased pan and bake it in the oven over 350F/180C for 45 minutes.
  • Let the cake cool down and then sprinkle the chocolate sauce over its top and serve.

Notes
Dont worry if the batter isn't of flowing consistency, its normal. The batter in this case is more of a moist thick mixture.
I already had the mixed nuts bottle at home so I used that one, but you can combine any kind of nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts.

2 comments:
  1. Padhu Sankar said...

    Berry Nutty chocochip cake is really tempting me .Nice click! Do visit my blog when time permits


  2. Thanks Padhu.
    Will surely visit your blog.


Related Posts with Thumbnails