My love for set dosa started the very first day i ate it in bangalore. I just love this fluffy thick dosa served in set of three medium sized ones. Finally I did some research for recipe. Most of them were using soda which i didnt want to use. Also found out that they use poha in it. So adapted those ingredients to the my dosa recipe. Outcome was awesome :) Infact I made it like 2 weeks back and before I could click photos, they were over :) And already been asked for repeat. So this week I prepared it again and first thing I did was click the snap :)
2 Cup Rice
1 Cup Idly Rawa
3/4 Cup Udid Daal
1 Cup Poha
1 Spoon Methi Seeds
Salt to taste
- Soak Rice, Idly rawa, udid daal and methi seeds seperately in the morning.
- In the evening soak poha for an hour
- Grind the rice to fine paste.
- Mix udid daal and Methi seeds and grind it to fine paste.
- Grind the idly rawa to form fine paste
- Grind Poha as well to the paste.
- Mix all these pastes really well and keep in warm place overnight
- Next day morning, add salt and water enough to make free flowing consistency. Mix well.
- Heat tawa on low-medium flame.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil and pour a cup of batter.
- When the one side is one, sprinkle couple of drops on top of the dosa and flip it to cook the other side.
- When the other side too turns light brown, take it out and serve.
This dosa is normally served with mixed vegetable, but i dont like it at all so instead i served it with peanut-curd chutney without using optional items. It went well.