Few weeks ago after getting fresh Methi from Indian market, i decided to try something different than usual paratha or vegetable and so came this puri. The first attempt itself was perfect and so tasty that I had to share.
1 Bunch Methi
2 Cup Maida
1 Cup Wheat Flour
2 Green Chillies
1 Spoon Ginger
4-5 Garlic Cloves
Salt to taste
- Wash methi and add it to the mixer
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilli and half cup of water. Crush it to fine liquidy paste.
- Pour it into the plate, add in maida, wheat flour, salt and knead soft dough.
- Add couple drops of oil and knead again for a minute. Keep aside for half an hour
- Heat oil in pan, roll small puris from the dough and fry them till light brown on both sides.
Making very fine paste is important because otherwise the pieces will come out while rolling and the puris would remain flat.
I didn't need to use more water while kneading dough as the paste itself was enough to accommodate the maida, but you could change the water and maida quantity if you need to.