I made this simple cake for my Fondant decoration class.. It tasted awesome with and without icing :)
5 cup Maida
2.5 Cup Butter
2.5 Cup Castor Sugar
2 Spoon Baking Powder
1.5 Spoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C
- Sieve through baking powder and maida in a bowl
- Add in sugar, melted butter, lemon juice and eggs and mix thoroughly till the mixture is glossy
- Prepare a cake pan ready by greasing it. Add the batter into the pan
- Bake the cake on 325F/160C for 1 hour
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes and then take it out on cooling grid and let it cool completely. Decorate or serve as it is.
The cake was really ok as it is but when i decorated it, it was little extra sweet. May be next time i should reduce the sugar quantity if i am going to decorate it.