Sheetal Kamat

Every weekend Ajoy asks me if I can put oil in his hair (he does it for me). So my reply is always same : I can cook whatever you ask but doing the oil massage every weekend just for those short hair and that too for one hour - doesn't work :) :) probably once in couple of months is ok :) :) So when last weekend I replied with the same answer, he mentioned that he wants to eat malpuas. I searched on net for quick recipes, every recipe was quite different so I had to make up my own after lot of research and here I am sharing this.

Malpua
Ingredients
1 Cup Maida
1/2 Cup Rawa
2.5 cup Milk
1 Spoon Saunf
1.5 Cup Sugar
A pinch of Saffron
Almonds, Pistachios for garnishing

Method
  • Mix in maida, rawa, saunf and milk and keep aside for 4 hours
  • Boil Sugar with 1.5 cup of water to form 1 threaded sugar syrup.
  • Add in safron and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan and add 1/4 cup batter each time to form the malpuas
  • Fry to golden brown on both sides and then dip them in the sugar syrup for couple of minutes.
  • Take out of the syrup, garnish with almonds and pistachios and serve.

Notes
Actually lot many videos had asked for frying the malpuas, but i am going to try shallow frying instead next time.
Also I had used 1 cup sugar, water each for the syrup and last few malpuas didnt have enough syrup to soak in.
I have never eaten malpuas earlier except once when badi ma had gotten it to hyderabad. So next time I am also going to ask my mom-in-law for her recipe and see how different it turns out.

7 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    turned out really nice :) good job.



  2. One of my favorite dessert:)


  3. @ajoy, gary: Thanks!
    @Mythreyi: hope you make it sometime.


  4. Curryvids said...

    Very tempting Malpua recipe. Some selected videos of Malapua are at http://www.curryvids.com


  5. murtaza said...

    not so good but it not so worst 50%


  6. I've never had this before, may i know what traditional or original food from your country? Thanks for the Food Recipes


Related Posts with Thumbnails