Sheetal Kamat

These days its been raining so much that I had to drive to and from work. Most of the days I end up getting stuck in traffic and by the time I reach home I dont feel like adventuring into anything other than meals.. Yesterday I decided to beat the traffic by leaving early instead and glad it did almost work (got stuck in traffic for just 5 minutes that's an achievement :)). When I reached home I realized that my laptop had succumbed to death just last night and I had to revive it before I can continue my work from home. So while my laptop was getting its life I decided to bake these ones especially with almonds because these days I have become little forgetful. They say almonds help improve memory :D now is the time to see if they can :) Thankfully my laptop has become as good as new and working even better than what it was like when it was new. I give credit to win7 and also to the fact that I kept it light unlike those whole bunch of installs that came from Dell. Now I am looking forward to see if my memory can come back after this almond's dose :) So here I am sharing this extremely simple recipe of these delicious cakes I made.

Almond Topped Chocochip Muffins
Ingredients
1 Cup Butter
2 Cup Sugar
4 Cup Maida
2 Cup Choco-chips
3/4 Cup Almonds
1 Cup Milk
4 Spoon Brown Sugar
2 Spoon Vanilla Essence
1 Spoon Baking Soda
1/2 Spoon Baking Powder
2 Eggs
Salt to taste

Method
  • In a bowl beat sugar and butter till its fluffy.
  • Add in eggs and beat again.
  • Add in vanilla essence, milk and beat till creamy, fluffy mixture is formed.
  • Add in maida, baking soda, baking powder and salt to taste and mix in with light hands till everything is nicely accommodated in the egg-butter-sugar mixture.
  • Add in 1.5 cups of choco-chips and mix lightly. Keep aside
  • Chop almonds to coarse pieces and mix them with brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup choco-chips. Keep aside
  • Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
  • Grease muffin pans and fill them in with the batter to 2/3rd level each.
  • Sprinkle the almond-chocochip-sugar mixture on all these muffins equally.
  • Bake the muffins at 350F/180C for 25 minutes.

Notes
I used raw almonds and sprinkled them on top instead of mixing it in the batter. The almonds were roasted amazingly while the cake baked.
I also mixed in brown sugar and chocochips with the almonds because I thought it would give nice sweetness to the cake while taking a bite. And guess what it really worked :)

3 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    these turned out really nice and delicious.


  2. looks yummy, I will surely try them. I do not have a muffins pan currently, can I try it as a cake?


  3. @Ajoy, yup really nice ones, guess time to make new batch as the old one was over on the weekend..

    @Anuja, I think the difference of the size (muffin and cake) needs alterations to ingredients, you can instead make it by adding choco-chips to plain vanilla cake and topping it with Almonds-chocochip-brown sugar mixture.


Related Posts with Thumbnails