Sheetal Kamat

When I was small, Dad use to take me to walk from FC Road to Laxmi-road every thursday. I use to love those walks just because at the end of walk on Laxmi-road in Janata Dugdha Mandir he use to give me 'Piyush' for drink. I love this drink so much so that whenever I go to pune I end up drinking this too much :) Then last couple of years back mom started preparing this at home with exact taste and bhooom.. Yesterday I wanted to do same thing and here I got it.

Piyush
Ingredients
5 Cup Curd
1 Lemon
8 Spoon Sugar
A Pinch of Nutmeg powder
A Pinch of Lemon Yellow Colour
Salt to taste

Method
  • Mix curd, sugar, nutmeg powder, salt, lemon yello colour and lemon juice
  • Mix around 2-3 cups of water to get the flowing consitency for the mixture
  • Beat this mixture for a while till sugar mixes completely
  • Serve chilled

Notes
Use thick milk to prepare the curd, and don't make curd sour. The lemon gives the enough sourness for the perfect taste.
PS: Sometimes because of lemon's bitterness this turns out little bitter, So today, I tried using 1/2 spoon of vinegar instead and it gave amazing effect, no bitterness at all and perfect taste.

4 comments:
  1. Unknown said...

    This piyush looks great ....I am sure its gonna be yummy. You have a great colletion of recipes



  2. Unknown said...

    Hi Sheetal, U have received an award ....check out my blog!


  3. Thanks Diksha.. I will post about the award soon..


Related Posts with Thumbnails