Sheetal Kamat

I love this all time snacks and when I saw the packet in the Grocerry Store I thought of trying this at home. And Then realised its so easy and quick to prepare. You must try this out.

Crispy Mung Daal
Ingredients
1 Cup Mung Daal
A pinch of Eating Soda
Salt to taste
Oil

Method
  • Wash the mung daal and soak it in 4-5 cup of water with eating soda
  • Keep it overnight
  • In the morning wash the mung daal again and drain it over a cotton cloth
  • Heat the oil in a pan
  • Fry the mung daal in it over medium heat and again drain the oil from the mung daal on the paper napkin
  • Mix salt to taste and serve when it comes to normal temperature

Notes
I fried the mung daal keeping the stainless steel strainer in the oil and putting mung daal in it. That helped me in easy picking of the mung daal, otherwise it gets little difficult to get the mung daal out of oil.
When the mung daal is put into the oil, there would be lot of big bubbles coming out from the oil. Gradually these bubble will reduce in size. When they are almost on zero size mung daal is ready to be removed from the oil.

5 comments:
  1. Anonymous said...

    hey.. your experiments are really good.... keep it up.. its helping me too :)


  2. Anonymous said...

    hey.. your experiments are really good.... keep it up.. its helping me too :)



  3. Anonymous said...

    Hey Sheetal - Your recipes are almost like Im cooking them while reading it...

    I just wanted you to post a few more chicken curries - I dont find any chicken curry other than butter chicken-am I missing something?


  4. @anonymous:
    Aah now after you pointed out I realise i havent posted much in chicken curries.. Will post few soon..


Related Posts with Thumbnails