This was one of my impromptu attempt to bake something that turned out quite great. It had been long time since I had the frosting in the fridge so thought about baking something to use that one and these cupcakes worked perfectly well with the frosting.
2 Cup Sugar
2 Spoon Vanilla Essence
1/2 Cup Oil
1 Cup Milk
1.75 Cup Maida
1 Cup Coco Powder
1 Spoon Baking Powder
1 Spoon Baking Soda
1/2 Spoon Salt
2 Spoon Instant Coffee
- Preheat oven at 325F/160C
- Mix together egg, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add in oil and milk and whisk the mixture over medium speed.
- Sieve maida, coco powder, baking powder and baking soda couple of times to form homogeneous mixture.
- Add the sieved contents and salt in the egg-oil-milk mixture and whisk on low speed till well combined about 2 minutes
- Warm 1 cup of water with coffee in microwave for about a minute.
- Add the coffee to the cake mixture and whisk on low speed for another 2 minutes.
- Line around the cupcake pan with around 14 cup cake liners and fill them with the cake mixture about 3/4th level in each.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool off for at least an hour and then serve with frosting and optionally filling