Sheetal Kamat

This one is my father's favorite ice-cream and when I was small, i never liked it that much. Then, it was always fig ice-cream which I ended up having. But last few years, I have started liking saffron for the flavor and color it gives, so when mom dad were here I decided to make it. Then I couldn't click the photo nor could i click after that around 4 times I prepared this one. So this time, i made sure to click one before the ice-cream got over :)

Saffron Pistachio Ice Cream
Ingredients
1 Liter Milk
3.5 Cup Cream
1 Cup Pistachios
2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Spoon Saffron

Method
  • In a half liter milk add in sugar and blend it in mixer.
  • In a bowl take a cup of milk and bring it to boil. Add in saffron and mix well till the milk turns bright yellow.
  • Mix remaining milk and the boiled milk with milk that was sweetened earlier.
  • In a mixer make pistachio powder and mix it in the milk.
  • Add in cream and mix well. Keep the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
  • Add the mixture to the ice-cream maker and let it set.

Notes
Its important to boil the milk and add in the saffron for the flavor to mix well with the milk.
Also mixture needs to be kept in fridge otherwise it's warmth wont let it set in the ice-cream maker.

0 comments:
Related Posts with Thumbnails