Last week I had got strawberries to make jam :) But the week was hectic and i couldn't get myself slogging for an hour or two in kitchen so instead yesterday i decided to make icecream instead. I was little skeptical for this was first time i was trying it out and serving without knowing how it is going to turn out added to the nervousness. Glad everyone enjoyed it and that surely calls for this post.
5 Cup Milk
3.5 Cup Cream
1.5 Kg Strawberries
4 Cup Sugar
- In a mixer, blend 1Kg of strawberries and sugar together till smooth. Transfer it to bowl.
- Add in milk and whisk till smooth.
- Add in cream and lemon juice and again whisk till consistent.
- In ice-cream maker pour this mixture in batches according to your ice-cream maker's capacity.
- Chop remaining strawberries, and when ice-cream is almost set ad them to the ice-cream and let the ice-cream maker set the ice-cream.
- Freez for another hour or two to get the best results.
I saved few strawberry pieces so I could add them on top while serving ice-cream.