You may notice that the last recipe I posted used Cabbage too.. Its because, this is left over from the last week's Cabbage :) I had lot of left over Broccoli too.. So last evening I decided to make a mix vegetable out of it but it was only when I actually started making it I thought this would make great Kababs. They are really tasty and very easy and quick to make. I made them in half an hour.
2 Cups Cabbage
3 Cups Broccoli
1 Spoon Oregano
1 Spoon Jeera
1 Spoon Mustard
1 Spoon Chaat Masala
1/2 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Spoon Coriander Leaves
1 Spoon Pudina Leaves
2 Spoon Maida
1 Spoon Rice Powder
A Pinch of Asafoetida
1/4 Cup Cashews
Salt to taste
- Heat half spoon of oil and add in tomato puree.
- Add in oregano and red chilli powder and cook till completely done. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat another spoon of oil and let mustard, jeera splutter. Add in Asafoetida.
- Add in Broccoli chopped into small pieces and cook with constant stirring till broccoli is almost done
- Add in finely chopped cabbage, pudina leaves, coriander leaves and cook till cabbage turns light brown.
- Add in earlier cooked tomato paste, lemon juice and salt to taste and cook for another minute. Take off heat and let it cool down.
- Add in maida, rice powder and chaat masala. Mix well. Make balls with these mixture and press them between palms with a cashew.
- Heat pan and add 2 spoons of oil and cook on both sides till they are brown.
I even had tomato paste ready for I had made it for Rice Bowl last week. I had made double quantity and had used half of it. Its a great item to store in fridge for quick flavoring