Sheetal Kamat

Since childhood my favourite fruit was Fig more than even mango.. With known love i share for mango it would be hard to believe but its true :) Whenever i had to choose something while playing i would always pick fig.. Then as i grew up i was introduced to Sujata's (the famous ice-cream parlour in pune) fir ice-cream... Even till date whenever I go to pune i have atleast a tub of fig ice-cream.. So now you might wonder how come i waited so long to make this ice-cream then, but the thing is it was so hard to find dried figs here that I had to get them from India :) So now that I have it I couldnt wait but make this awesome gelato..

Fig Gelato
Ingredients
1 Liter Milk
250g Dried Fig
3/4 Cup Honey
1 Spoon Lemon Juice

Method
  • Soak the figs in two cup of milk. Keep aside for atleast two hours
  • In a mixie grind the soaked fig to paste, keeping aside 4-5 figs.
  • Add in lemon juice and honey and blend again.
  • Add this paste to remaning milk and stir well.
  • Set the ice-cream as per ice-cream maker instructions.
  • Dice the remaining figs and mix it in the set ice-cream.

Notes
I dont like to wait after i start making ice-cream, so I use chilled milk. Also while soaking figs, i keep them in fridge that way they chill too and i dont need to wait for the mixture to chill before i put it in ice-cream maker.

5 comments:
  1. sounds nice, does the recipe work equally well with fresh figs?


  2. @Nick: It may... I haven't tried. You might not need to soak the figs into the milk if they are fresh...


  3. Such a good article. Terribly spectacular and Interesting to read, additionally nice to learn a lot of new info. thanks for sharing this with us. I additionally share some relevant article commercial gelato maker at sale , I hope it helps a lot.



  4. EleazarStark said...

    I'm just writing to make you know of the brilliant discovery our girl went through checking your webblog. She mastered plenty of details, with the inclusion of what it is like to have an incredible giving heart to let other individuals just know just exactly a variety of tricky issues. You really did more than visitors' expectations. I appreciate you for showing the great, trustworthy, edifying and even easy tips on this topic to Ethel.
    Recycling Water Chillers Australia


Related Posts with Thumbnails