I loved this dish a lot since my childhood. Probably then I didn't realise it was the healthiest dish that I loved :D Just like the name says it uses almost everything that's in your fridge :)
1 Cup Beans
1/2 Cup Mutter
2 Drum Sticks
2 Corn Cobs
1 Sweet Potato
1 Raw Banana
1.5 Spoon Tamarind
1/4 Cup Jaggery
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/4 Spoon Corriander Seeds
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
A pinch of Asafoetida
2 Spoon Ghee
Salt to taste
- In a half cup of water add the tamarind and keep aside.
- In a pan, add beans and 4 cups of water and cook over high flame for 5 minutes
- Cut each corn cob into 3 pieces and add the corn cob pieces and another 2 cups of water, Cook for another 5 minutes
- Add drum sticks - cut into pieces, potato cubes, raw banana pieces, pieces of sweet potato and another 2 cups of water. Cook till they are almost done
- Mean time grate coconut, tamarind (with its water that was it soaked in) and corriander seeds adding half cup of water.
- Add it and mutters to the almost done vegetables.
- Add turmeric powder, jaggery, red chilli powder and salt and simmer it.
- In another small pan, add ghee and let the mustard splutter in it.
- Add asafoetida and mix the tadaka with the vegetable.
You can optionally add 1 cup of pumpkin pieces too, but I couldn't as it wasn't available in the store here.