This recipe is something very easy to cook and i had been cooking this very often lately.. mainly because it is delicious, it has lots of milk and carrot which is good for health and plus very easy to cook.. esp in microwave.. Even for stove recipes i tried diffierent methods and here is the one that tastes most delicious...
5 cup grated carrots
4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
5 spoon dry fruits
4 spoon ghee
- Heat a pan and add 1 spoon of ghee
- Add the grated carrots and let them fry a little for couple of minutes on lowest possible flame
- Add a cup of milk to this and let the carrots cook on medium flame with constant stirring
- Once the mixture starts drying out add another cup and keep on cooking, follow this till complete milk is added and carrots cook well
- Once mixture dries out, add the sugar and again keep on stiring and let the mixture mix well and dry well
- Add 3 spoons of ghee from side and fry the halwa on it
- In another pan add remaining ghee and fry the dry fruits well and then add them to the halwa
Frying halwa on the ghee at end makes it nice and delicious.
Adding frying fruits add to the taste.
You can optionally add everest milk masala into the halwa for better taste