Now that mom is here, she made this awesome pachadi two days back. I loved it so much that I asked her to show me how to make it the very next day when we were actually going to eat Paani Puri for the dinner :) Nevertheless we had this pachadi after eating paani puri with excuse that something healthy after something chatpata :)
2 Cup Cabbage
1 Cup Carrot
3/4 Cup Onion
1 Spoon Groundnut Powder
1 Spoon Sugar
1 Green Chilli
Handful of Coriander Leaves
1/4 Spoon Mustard Seeds
A pinch of Asafoetida
Salt to taste
- Finely chop cabbage and add it to the bowl
- Add finely chopped tomato
- Add finely chopped onion
- Add in finely chopped coriander leaves and green chilli
- Add in grated carrots
- Add in groundnut powder, sugar and salt to taste
- Squeez lemon juice in it and mix well.
- Heat a spoon of oil in the small pan and add in mustard seeds and Asafoetida and let the mustard splutter.
- Add it to the mixture and mix well.
If you are going to serve it to guests, you could finely chop all the veggies and then at the last moment just before serving, mix in sugar, salt and add in heated oil-mustard. It would be much more fresh and would taste better than the complete procedure done in advance.