Here almost all stores sell the canned lychees but never the fresh ones. Last month I decided to give it a try especially for ice-cream. It turns out that if you use the syrup you get pretty good flavor from one can
1 Can of Seedless Lychee
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
3.5 Cup Cream
- Take out lychees from the syrup and put the syrup in the mixie.
- Add in sugar and milk and blend it till the sugar is disolved.
- Mix in cream and lemon juice and whisk a bit.
- Add it in ice-cream maker and let it set.
- Fine chop the lychees and mix that in the ice-cream around 3-4 minutes before the setting is complete.
If using fresh lychees just use around 30 lychees. Puree around 15 of them with 2 cups of water and use that instead of lychee syrup and finely chop remaining lychees. You might need to use probably 2/3 cup of sugar.
The lemon helps in bringing out the taste from the lychee.