It was one of those days when I wanted to make something different with Paneer. I had decided to make Pizza but then we decided to go out. So I gave up on idea of paneer and instead decided to make burger.
8 Burger Buns
8 Cheese slices
1 Cup Maida
1 Spoon Ginger
3-4 Garlic Cloves
3-4 Green Chillies
1 Spoon Black Pepper
Handful of Coriander leaves
1 Cup Lettuce
Salt to taste
- Make cubes of Paneer and shallow fry them till golden in color. Keep aside.
- Cook the potatoes in cooker till completely done.
- In mixer make fine paste of garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Mix the ginger-garlic-chilli paste, smashed potatoes, black pepper, finely chopped coriander and salt to taste.
- Add in Paneer cubes and make the patties out of these mixture.
- Mix maida with water to form thin paste. Dip the Patti in the mixture and fry it in oil over medium heat till brown on both sides.
- On each burger bun, put onion, tomato and cheese slice. Stack up Patti and lettuce and close the bun and serve with ketchup.
I didn't use mayo or anything in the burger itself, instead served it on side to dip it in. The main goal of this was Indian-spicy taste and yet burgerish feel.