Sheetal Kamat

I had not cooked this fish anytime earlier and its been while since we had fish. I wanted to switch to diet that has more fish and vegetables instead of any other meat (chicken, prawns or crabs) so we got this from Costco. They sell it skinless and boneless big fillets so i instantly thought of trying grilling them. Yesterday we had barbeque planned and so it was perfect time to experiment.

Grilled Spicy Tilapia Fillets
Ingredients
2 Tilapia Fillets
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
3/4 Spoon Coriander Powder
1/2 Spoon Jeera Powder
1/4 Spoon Garam Masala
1/2 Lemon
Salt to taste
Oil

Method
  • Apply salt, red chilli powder, jeera powder, coriander powder, garam masala and lemon juice to the fillets.
  • Massage the fillets by rubbing these spices and lemon juice for couple of minutes. Keep aside for 45minutes to an hour
  • Heat the grill and apply oil spray on both sides on the fillets and grill them for about 3-4 minutes each side.

Notes
If you don't have grill, you could cook them on pan over medium heat too. Grill gives nice finish.
I served this with mint chutney that i made from fresh mint from my patio garden as starter and ate most of it :) In fact out of two fillets only half i could save for next day and click photo :) I used that half in salad with the mint chutney as dressing. Perfect lunch :)

3 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    Turned out really awesome. Already looking fwd to more experiments around it.


  2. Anonymous said...

    That looks very yummy. I love fish so I must try it. Just to let you know I've tagged you for the liebster tag award, it's a wonderful award all about discovering and recognising blogs and bloggers. Click the link to check out my post with all the information, keep up the good posts too! :)

    http://sonofthelovingone.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-liebster-tag-award.html


  3. @Molly: Thank you for the award. I will soon make a post about it :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails