Mom had made these yummy aappe few times and we all liked it a lot. So this time i told her to show me the recipe. The aappe are easy to make and really healthy and tasty.
1.5 Cup Mung Daal with peel
2-3 Green Chillies
2 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Spoon Ginger piece
Two pinch Garam Masala
Handful Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Soak mung daal in water overnight.
- In the morning take out all the water from the daal and add it in the mixer.
- Add in green chillies, garlic and ginger. Grind to fine paste
- Add in finely chopped coriander leaves and onion
- Add in salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Heat Aappe Pan and grease it well. Add in spoonful of mixture in each, sprinkle drop of oil on each aappe and cook covered for 2 minutes on medium flame till the sides separate from the pan.
- Flip the aappes and cook without cover for another 2-3 minutes till the other side is done too. Serve while warm.
The daal can be soaked for couple of hours as well, so if making it for evening snack you need not have to soak it in the morning itself and these can be made on few hours notice.