I had been so bored eating same type of gravies and all I thought that I have to try something different with paneer this time. Would have loved to make palak paneer but then I didnt have spinach and i was too tired with cycling and too engrossed in DMG - Abhi - Nikki Scenes that I decided to make my own tawa paneer recipe. Well I didnt even look on net for recipes nor did i check in some of the books I have. Just went through adding whatever I felt like. Result was awesome :) So here I am sharing with you my own Tawa Paneer
200g Paneer Block
4-5 Sweet Peppers
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 Spoon Jeera Powder
1/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
1/4 Spoon Aamchur Powder
Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into squared pieces, onions and tomatoes into the medium sized pieces
- Slice the sweet peppers
- On a tawa add some oil and shallow fry paneer pieces on high heat but till light brown in colour. Keep aside
- In same oil add chopped onion and cook till light brown in colour. Separate from oil and keep aside
- Cook sweet peppers in same oil and keep aside
- In same oil, add tomato pieces and cook till almost done.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder, corriander powder and Aamchur Powder and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add paneer pieces, onion, sweet peppers and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes and serve warm
I didnt want to add any fancy items in there nor i wanted to add more spices etc to make sure it is not too spicy. Well I loved the taste as it was it had perfect combination of mild spices with the soft paneer.
I used nonstick tawa with sides to it - that helped me in managing it while mixing well :)