I was looking for variations in paneer and came across Paneer Pasanda Recipe on youtube. I really liked the way the dish was done, especially paneer stuffing and hence I came up with this one after few alterations to the recipe.
2 Spoon Raisins
1/4 Cup Corriander Leaves
2 Green Chillies
1/2 Spoon Maida
1/2 Spoon Corn Flour
1/2 Spoon Jeera
1/4 Spoon Mustard
1/2 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Spoon Garam Masala
1/4 Spoon Jeera Powder
1/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
1/2 Spoon Kasuri Methi
1 Cup Cream
Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into triangle shaped pieces - medium sized
- Grate 3 pieces and rest keep aside
- With the grated paneer mix, finely chopped corriander, finely chopped green chillies and raisins. Keep aside
- For the other traingle shaped pieces, slit the paneer from diagonal side such that it gives little butter fly shape when slightly opened
- Fill-in the stuffing of -paneer and raisins that we kept aside.
- Mix maida, corn flour and water in a bowl to form paste
- Dip the stuffed paneer pieces in this mixture and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the stuffed paneer pieces in a pan over medium flame to light brown colour. Keep aside
- In same oil, let the mustard and jeera splutter.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes to this
- Add red chilli powder, jeera powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala to this and cook till tomatoes are completely done.
- After the above mixture cools down, add kasuri methi and grind it in mixie to get smooth paste with fine particles of black mustard, jeera and kauri methi visible.
- In same pan add this paste and enough water and the fried stuffed paneer. Bring it to boil
- Add the salt and cream to this and cook for another minute or two.
I didnt cook kasuri methi before gridning, and kept its quantity little higher which gave the gravy very unique taste.